Smile Bright with Teeth Whitening
Would you like to look your best with a sparkling white smile?
Professional teeth whitening will brighten your smile, make you look great and feel good.
Why Would I Need Teeth Whitening?
Your teeth can become discoloured and stained by:
- Food and drink such as tea, coffee and red wine
- Poor oral hygiene and ageing
These stains can be a blight on your smile. Teeth Whitening provides the solution by brightening up your natural teeth without damaging the tooth surface.
Scott Arms Dental Practice is dedicated to providing the highest quality teeth whitening procedures in the Birmingham and West Midlands area.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Look and Feel Younger
Fast and Effective Way to Remove Stains
Carried Out Safely by a Dental Professional
Teeth Whitening FAQ
- What is the Teeth Whitening Procedure?
- Tooth whitening is a very safe, fast and effective treatment that takes only one appointment.
- Preparation – We take impressions or moulds of your teeth to make custom vinyl teeth whitening trays and record the current shade of your teeth.
- Whitening – We’ll use a special covering to protect your gums. Tooth Whitening gel is then applied to your teeth. Your teeth will become shades whiter almost instantly.
- Aftercare – We’ll take the shade of your teeth again and give you a take home teeth whitening gel kit to use within 24 hours. This will further enhance the results. Whilst teeth whitening is in effect you must not smoke or drink tea, coffee or red wine.
- How does Teeth Whitening Work?
- During the teeth whitening procedure, we will apply a teeth bleaching gel containing carbamide peroxide to your teeth. This chemical will bind to any stains on the surfaces of your teeth (enamel) and remove them. A special covering is used to protect your gums and any irritation will disappear within a few hours.
- What are the Risks of Teeth Whitening?
- No matter what treatment you use, there is a chance your gums can be sensitive to the chemicals used in teeth whitening, especially if you already have sensitive teeth. In rare cases, the chemicals may burn your gums.
Compared to the benefits which are long lasting, the risks are temporary, and any gum irritation can be controlled with ibuprofen. Overall teeth whitening is regarded as a very safe treatment.
- How Long do the Results Last?
- It can last from a few months to up to three years, but this varies from person to person.
Generally, the whitening effect won’t last as long if you smoke or drink red wine, tea or coffee, which can all stain your teeth. However, the effect can be maintained using the take home teeth whitening kits.
- Will teeth whitening work on false teeth?
- No. Tooth whitening won’t work on crowns, dentures, fillings or veneers.
If you have any of these restorations, you may need the restorations replaced to maintain uniform teeth colour.
How Much does Teeth Whitening Cost?
The price of professional teeth whitening is between £397 – £595.
The take home teeth whitening gel kits cost £31 each.
Book an Appointment Now!
Please contact us to find out more and book your teeth whitening appointment.