Teeth whitening in Birmingham
If your teeth are discoloured or stained, consider getting your teeth professionally whitened at Scott Arms Dental Practice in Birmingham. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality teeth whitening procedures in the Birmingham and West Midlands area.
Our teeth whitening is a safe, fast and effective treatment that takes only one appointment. Our treatment is a three-step process:
- Preparation – We take impressions or moulds of your teeth to make custom vinyl teeth whitening trays.
- Whitening – We use a special covering to protect your gums. We apply a tooth whitening gel to your teeth. This gel contains carbamide peroxide, which removes stains from your enamel.
- Aftercare – We give you a take-home teeth whitening gel kit to use within 24 hours to further enhance the results. During this time, you must not smoke or drink tea, coffee or red wine.
Teeth whitening FAQ
- What are the risks of teeth whitening?
- Any irritation to your teeth should disappear within a few hours. However, no matter what treatment you use, there is a chance your teeth and gums can be sensitive to the chemicals used in teeth whitening, especially if you already have sensitive teeth. In rare cases, the chemicals may burn your gums.
Compared to the benefits which are long-lasting, the risks are temporary, and any gum irritation can be controlled with ibuprofen. Overall teeth whitening is regarded as a very safe treatment.
- How long do the results last?
- It can last from a few months to up to three years, but this varies from person to person.
Generally, the whitening effect won’t last as long if you smoke or drink red wine, tea or coffee, which can all stain your teeth. However, the effect can be maintained using take-home teeth whitening kits.
- Will teeth whitening work on false teeth?
- No. Tooth whitening won’t work on crowns, dentures, fillings or veneers.
If you have any of these restorations, you may need the restorations replaced to maintain uniform teeth colour.
Root canal treatment and internal whitening to restore the appearance of UL1 following trauma
The price of professional teeth whitening is between £397 and £595.
The take-home teeth whitening gel kits cost £31 each.
Book an appointment
Contact us to book an appointment or ask questions.